Good afternoon band families!
A few updates before we head into the month of March:
1. Congratulations to all of the students who prepared for and/or performed at this years Alberta International Band Festival! As always, the adjudicators were impressed with the students and had lots of compliments and constructive advice for our ensembles to move forward with our musicianship skills.
If you were unable to attend the festival and watch the performance, stay tuned for our Spring Concert where some of our pieces may feature. Otherwise, please enjoy the attached performance recording at your leisure.
2. Jazz students have Alberta International Band Festival next week! As such, there are some changes to our morning rehearsal schedules. Students are aware of these changes as they have been on the classroom calendar (in-class/ online) for the past month.
3. Jazz Performance Information:
3. Pit Rehearsal and Performance Information:
Please find attached the rough schedule for today and tomorrow's community days for the musical, as well as a schedule for the next two weeks of rehearsal and performance (have already been shared with students on Remind and email).
Maplewood Smoked Bacon Fundraiser - Due March 6th, 2020
Forms and information have been shared in class, but in case they don't make their way home - please find below, the forms for our next big fundraiser. Students earn $10/ box sold!
Hello band families!
As we head into our spring break, here are a few important notes:
1. Students have been reminded in class to hand in their playing tests and other assignments. If you could please encourage students to hand in their assignment over the break, it would be appreciated.
2. Emails have been sent out with regards to the Cantando Festival. We're trying to gauge interest in the trip so we can do the appropriate planning and come back to you with a final cost. There is more information for the trip on the "parent Information" page, and in the post before this. Here is the survey link: FORM HERE
3. Forms have been sent home for AIBF (Concert Band and Jazz Band). Times and forms posted below. Please encourage your student to practice over the break and set aside dedicated time to doing so. Festivals are most fun when students can feel prepared and proud of their performance.
Hello wonderful parents!
We’re planning a trip to the Cantando Festival in Edmonton for April 5-7 – in order to properly create a budget, we need an estimate on how many students will attend. Please fill out the following form (should take less than 45 seconds!) FORM HERE
The details are still coming together – here’s what we know so far:
Cost: (Between $250-350)
We have had enough female chaperones come forward, we’re in need of at least one more male chaperone.
Please complete the form (Here’s the link again) and we’ll have the permission forms ready for you as soon as possible.
As always – if finances are a barrier for your child participating in this trip, please let one of us know and we’ll see what we can do to help – this is a valuable experience for our students (otherwise we wouldn’t be doing it!) – we want everyone to be able to join us!
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you might have.
Ms. Hazelwanter and Mr. Talen