Hello lovely music families,
We need help promoting our Movie Fundraiser! Attached is a poster for our upcoming event.
Please help us raise money for our music program by attending our Movie Fundraiser coming up next Friday, March 8 @ 2:30 pm - Cochrane Movie House.
Invite your family, friends, and neighbours!
Tickets are $10 and are available at Cochrane High School or at the doors.
Hope to see you all there!
Mrs. Waterbury & Ms. Hazelwanter
A friendly reminder that all J-Block courses run Every week. There are no breaks in class schedules, even with the completion of festival. Just like your other classes, there are no breaks between units or after a unit exam is complete. Our courses run all year long. The only time there are altered dates, is if we have another performance or workshop in place of (ie. Festival week - J-Block courses occurred, but on different dates than usual to fit into the festival schedule of events).
Please ensure you follow our google calendar, which you all have access to on this site, under the Calendar link.
Thank you for ensuring you are participating and present for all music classes!
A reminder that we will be hosting about 70 Bearspaw this Monday, March 4 for a music workshop day. Students will not be asked to me class, but are expected to have their instrument in the have band that day (ie. Grade 9 Band).
Period 1 - Bearspaw Band with Gr. 9 Band with Ms. Hazelwanter
Period 2 - Workshop with Mrs. Waterbury
Lunch - Pizza lunch for Bearspaw students
Period 3 - Performing Arts/Drama activities with Mr. Whetton
Conn3ct - Choir members (volunteers) to run a choir workshop with Bearspaw students
2:15 pm - Bearspaw students depart.
Thank you in advance for your help making this a success.
Congratulations to the Gr. 10 - 12 Symphonic Band and Mrs. Waterbury, on your Superior performance, Gold Award, and Adjudicator's Choice Trophy!! The Symphonic Band was chosen to win this trophy out of more than 100 bands (junior high, high school, and community) who participated in the festival.
Bravo on an incredible job! We are so proud of you!!!
Monday, February 25
- Symphonic Band at 7:15 am (workshop with Gareth Jones from U of C/CPO)
** ALL Grade 10 - 12 students are required to be in attendance.
- Period 1 - Grade 9 Band workshop with Gareth Jones. 11/12's in English
- Period 2 - All Symphonic Band students in dress rehearsal
** ALL Grade 10 - 12 students are required to be in attendance.
- Conn3ct - All Grade 9 Band students in dress rehearsal
Tuesday, February 26: AIBF Band festival date
- AIBFestival for Symphonic Band and Grade 9 Band
Symphonic Band schedule:
Jazz 3 rehearsal at 7:15 am in the band room
Grade 9 Band schedule:
- Jazz 1 rehearsal at Conn3ct - ALL Mandatory to attend
Wednesday, February 27:
Jazz 1 at 7:15 am - Workshop with Mr. Mark DeJong
** No Symphonic Band today (had it on Monday instead due to festival Feb 26)
Jazz 2 rehearsal at Conn3ct - all mandatory to attend
Thursday, February 28: AIBF Jazz festival date**Stampede Park - TransAlta Performing Arts Studio
Jazz 2: February 28
Jazz 1: February 28
Jazz 3: February 28
** Please note, that students are encouraged to bring a lunch, dinner, and/or snacks with them, depending on the length of time they are away. There will be no access to hot water or a microwave, so please ensure it is a cold bagged lunch. NO Nuts/peanuts please.
** Closed/sealed Water bottles are highly encouraged for our trips!!
** Students must arrive in uniform when meeting for pack-up/departure times, as we do not have space to change once we are at our venues.
** Students are also required to ensure they have packed everything they need for the festival, including music, instrument, extra reeds, mallets, valve oil, tuners, maintenance supplies, etc. We will not have extras with us, as we already need to carry first aid supplies and a full repair kit.
** Please ensure you are practicing to prepare for the festival, and ensure your instrument is in good working condition.
Thank you so much for your support while we prepare for the festival.
Mrs. April Waterbury & Ms. Jasmyne Hazelwanter
Please read the tour letter, fill out the attached forms, and hand in to Mrs. Waterbury by Jan. 11
As well, ensure your second payment has been submitted on SchoolCashOnline, or by cheque payable to Cochrane High School (please no cheques to CHSBPA). Thank you! :)
Attached below is also the RBC Rewards redemption information.
Please fill out the following survey by Friday, October 12.
We need to finalize numbers for our Halifax tour to ensure we have enough seats reserved for our flight. Please answer the survey for us by tomorrow, Friday, October 12. Thank you so much for your help with this.
Who: Symphonic Band (Gr.10-12 Band) & Choir (Grade 9 - 12 Choir)
Where: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Why: Atlantic Music Festival, and to explore our beautiful country and experience the culture of the maritimes
When: May 1 - 5 , 2019
How Much: $1700-$1900, mainly depending on flight cost.
* We need this survey to be a fairly accurate answer/commitment in participating on our tour, as we need to book a block of seats on the flight and register with the festival. Once we know our numbers, and then official approval from the board, we will send out a request for initial permission and deposits.
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this survey :)
Thank you so much. :)
Mr. Talen & Mrs. Waterbury
Just a quick reminder that the Apple Fundraiser order forms are due tomorrow, October 4. Please find attached the information and the order form.
I've also included the information for our on going grocery card fundraiser that is a perfect way for you to start saving fundraising money... since you need to buy groceries and gas anyways... might as well get something back for it! :)
All of the parent information from the CHSBPA can be found on this shared folder site: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1YS23K7mtOMUTN4NWVKbHBjd0U
** And any cheques for Fundraisers or CHSBPA fees are to be made out to CHSBPA, not CHS
Please see below all of the handouts that were given out during the parent meeting on Sept 26
Some important tasks to complete as a family (thank you in advance):
1. Sign in to CHARMS and register/update your information. This is the website/system we use to keep track of student account, fundraising money, etc. Your password is your child's student ID, and then you need to change it to a password you will SHARE with your child
2. Sign up for Remind Messaging (information/instructions are in the blog previous to this)
3. Complete your CHSBPA registration form with your cheque for $40 and hand it into Mrs. Waterbury or Mr. Talen to put in the CHSBPA's safe in the music office.
4. Register/sign up for Google Classroom for your assignments and playing tests. There is a playing test due Oct 3 for Grade 10 - 12 band students, and has already been a playing test for the 9's.
5. Ensure you have received emails from me. If not, you need to update/fix your information in PowerSchool and let me know when you have done so, so I can update it on my end as well.
6. Participate in our awesome fundraisers (Grocery cards, ADmazing coupon books, Apples)
7. For returning students, Try on and/or find your uniform and let us know ASAP if you need something that doesn't fit anymore, or if you've lost something. If you are new, make sure you've been sized for a uniform! Contact us ASAP if you have not been sized.
8. There will be a survey going out about our Halifax tour next week. Please make sure you answer the survey for us by Friday at the latest. Thank you so much for your help!
9. Sync the Google Calendars (CHS Music and English/Band calendar) to your devices/google calendar. These calendars are found on our calendars tab on this website.
10. Please ensure you have submitted an instrument rental form to us by Tuesday at the latest for any percussionists, string bass players, or students renting instruments from the school/district. Student rental charges will be updated/added to your school fees sent out by the school. Percussion and string bass students are charged for the use of the classroom equipment.
** We could use two/three parents to help on our parent board and/or helping with some fundraisers. If you are able to help in any way, please contact the Parent board at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much!
Mrs. Waterbury & Mr. Talen