Just a few notes before the end of the year:
· Fundraising Dollars at Work– A big thank you to all who helped fundraise this year. Some of the costs that CHSBPA, through your efforts, helped out with:
· Clinicians/Workshops $11,320
· Festivals $1,680
· Purchasing Instruments $2,899
And here is some information and important dates for September 2015
for Band and Choral Music next year:
· Parent Information Meeting: Sept. 16th , 7 pm at CHS
· Registration - CHARMS
· Fee Payments
· Uniform Consignment
· Uniform Orders
· Band and Choir Trip Information – New York
· SUTP Coupon Books/Apps Distribution
· CHSBPA AGM
· Registration Deadline – Sept. 18th
· Last chance to order uniforms
· CHSBPA Registration fees due
· Labour Day Parade 50/50 – CHSBPA will be running a 50/50 draw once again during the parade on Sept. 7th and will need volunteers to sell the tickets.
· Casino Fundraiser – we received $52, 907 for our volunteering which will be divided over the next 3 years with funds going to enhance the Band and Choral Music Program and keep our costs down.
· Student Account Fundraising Volunteers – we have a list of fundraising activities that we will pursue next year if we get volunteers to lead them. Please consider helping out with any of the following:
· Purdy’s Chocolates
· Cookie Dough – In Dey Go
· Mixing Spoon
· De Simone Farms
December Movie Month
· Spectre, James Bond
· Mockingjay Part 2
· Star Wars
Ongoing fundraisers throughout the year:
- Grocery Cards
- FunScript Gift Cards
** We also welcome any other fundraising ideas that you would like to coordinate with CHSBPA
If you have any questions please email email@example.com .
Thank you and have a great summer,
Please review the following dates with your families to ensure you know these important dates for the last week of regular music rehearsals and for tour rehearsals.
Monday, May 11 (very busy day - please read!)
- Grade 10, 11 & 12's have Band, Not English today!!
- Grade 9 Band from 3:30 - 5:00pm. Rehearsal in NOT in the morning, due to the Grade 9 PAT.
- There is NO Choir after school!!
- TOUR MEETING @ 7:00 pm for all parents (students are highly encouraged to attend).
Tuesday, May 12
- Jr. Jazz 2 @ 7:15 -8:45 am
- Gr. 10, 11, 12's have English, not Band
- ** Sr. Jazz 1 @ 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, May 13
- NO Symphonic Band today (as it's concert day!!)
- Grade 10, 11, 12's have Band, Not English
- Dress rehearsals for all students today:
- Symphonic Band during Period 1, Choir Period 2, Grade 9 band is Period 5 (Jr. and Sr. Jazz had dress on tues. at rehearsal)
- SPRING CONCERT @ 7pm in the CHS Gymnasium!
Thursday, May 14
- Pitch Perfect 2 movie @ 4:00pm at the Cochrane movie house
** Bring all of your friends and family and help us raise much needed money for the program!!!!
Tuesday, May 19 - Sr. Jazz 1 - Tour Jazz @ 7:15 - 8:45 am
Wednesday, May 20 - Tour Band @ 7:15 - 8:45 am
Wednesday, May 20 - Tour Choir @ 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Thursday, May 21 - Monday, May 25 - TOUR!!
** Gr. 10, 11, 12's will have band on May 21, 22, 25 and English on May 19, 20, and 26.
** English/band calendar will return to normal on May 26, starting with English class.
Students not on tour will be working on their inquiry projects. Please ensure you have all your materials needed.
Thank you so much for all of your ongoing support.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the Spring Concert.
Tickets on sale now for Movie Month
** Buy them any time at the office, or in the snake pit at lunch
Avengers: Age of Ultron in 3D
Friday, May 1 @ 3:30 pm
Pitch Perfect 2
Thursday, May 14 @ 4:00 pm
Jurassic World in 3D
Friday, June 12 @ 3:30 pm
Tickets are $15 each or all 3 movies for $40
** Get them before they are all sold out!!
Auditions for the Spring Cobra Cabaret / Fine Arts Night will happen on Tuesday, April 28 immediately after school. Please come prepared with what you would like to perform at the Cabaret.
Auditions are open to any performing arts presentation (vocalists, instrumentalist, magicians, dancers, gymnasts, balloon animal artists, etc)
Hope to see you out next Tuesday!
Sr. Jazz Band students will perform at Bow Valley Monday, April 20 for a Free Workshop!!
Arrive at Bow Valley @ 4:15 pm
Warmup, perform, Free workshop (4:30 - 6pm)
Pizza and observe concert of professional jazz group, Midnight Blue (6-6:45pm)
Please find attached the choral music permission form, information letter, packing list, and medical form for our trip to Edmonton.
Payment can be made via School Cash online, cheque made payable to Cochrane High School, or cash.
If possible, please return forms on Monday, May 30 and no later than Wednesday, April 1 - so that we can finalize numbers, rooming lists, and food choices in class/rehearsal prior to leaving for Spring Break. Thank you so much for your quick attention to this! We are very much looking forward to this wonderful experience with the students.
* The week of March 23 - 27: Students are asked to attend sectionals during flex: Monday = Altos, Tuesday = Sopranos,
Wednesday = PA Matinee (no Choir), Thursday = All Choir members
* Extra/Regular Rehearsals:
Monday, March 30 - 7:15 - 8:45 am - Choir rehearsal/clinics!
Tuesday, March 31 - 3:30 - 5:30 pm - Choir rehearsal
Wednesday, April 1 - 3:30 - 5:30 pm - Guest Conductor!
* The week of March 30 - April 2: Students are asked to attend sectionals during flex: Monday = Altos, Tuesday = Sopranos,
Wednesday = Tenors/Basses, Thursday = All Choir members
** Please look at the Calendar for all updates for 2015. :)
** Please note the change of the Festival fees to $25
(originally $35 - but the CHSBPA has subsidized more of the cost to lower the total fee for everyone. Thank you CHSBPA!!) :)
Important Changes and/or Dates to know:
Grade 9 Band CLINICS (Mandatory): Monday, February 2 @ 7:15 am
Symphonic Band CLINICS (Mandatory): Wednesday, February 4 @ 7:15 am
Gr 9 & Symphonic Band Extra Rehearsal (Dress Rehearsal for Festival):
Monday, February 23, 2015
Grade 9 Band: 9:00 - 11:00 am with Pizza from 11:00 - 11:30
Symphonic Band: 11:30 - 2:00 with Pizza from 11:30 - 12:00
** Please ensure your child can attend if they are in town. Thank you!
Grade 9 & Symphonic Bands: Tuesday, February 24
Loading busses at 7:15 am , Departing at 7:30 am #(sharp)!
** Students who are late will need to find their own transportation to U of C
Gr 9 Band to perform at 9:00 am with an 8:00 am warmup/setup time
Symphonic Band to perform at 11:30am with an 11:00 am warmup time
We will return to the school between 1:30 - 2:00 pm.
** Student will need to bring a lunch with them to eat on the bus ride home.
JAZZ CLINICS & FESTIVALS WILL BE IN MARCH
Jazz 2 clinics: Tuesday, March 3 @ 7:15 am
Jazz 1 Clinics: Thursday, March 5 @ 7:15 am
** Festival performances on Thursday, March 12:
Jazz 2 AIBF Performance: Tuesday, March 12 - Leave @ 7:15 am, Return 11:00
Jazz 1 AIBF Performance: Tuesday, March 12 - Leave @ 2:30 pm, Return 5:15pm
Treasure Hunt for Students
** Grade 9 Band Students - Please comment below with the name of a musician and musical group that you like!
** Grade 10 - 12 Band Students - Please comment below with the name of a musician you like that plays YOUR band instrument.
Please fill out and return the Vic Lewis Food request, Emergency Contact and Student contract forms ASAP! All money for Vic Lewis must be submitted prior to your child attending the trip.
Mrs. Waterbury :)
*To Load Remind Messaging onto your Computer/Devices, Please follow the following Steps:
To Add Remind to your Phone (to receive messages by Text Message):
1. Start a Text Message
2. Enter the Phone number (902) 707-0176
3. In the message section, Type:
@_____________ (with the code of the ensemble/class your child is in)
For example, in the message section you will send a text saying:
* And this will register you to receive text message for just the grade 9 band class
To Add Remind to your Email (to receive messages by email):
1. Compose an email
2. In the address section of the email type:
(with the class/ensemble code)
For example, in the address section you would type:
*And this will register you to receive email messages for just the grade 9 band
Grade 9 Band: chsgr9band
Grade 10 Band: chsgr10band
Grade 11/12 Band: chsseniorb
Jazz 2: chjunojz
Jazz 1: chssrjz
Performing Arts: chsperf
Flex (Grade 9s Term1): flext
** All codes above are correct… even if they seem like a typo. Remind creates funny codes sometimes. Example: chschoi is for Choir, but has no R on the end of the code. :)