We are still looking for volunteer chaperones/drivers to Bill Hill Lodge on Friday, December 13. Leaving the school at 1:45 pm - Finished around 3pm. :)
* Please see the office for Driver's Abstract forms
Please see a wonderful opportunity for our Tuba students to participate in a wonderful music tradition in the city of Calgary. It is open to all Tuba/Euphonium students/musicians. Please see attached poster & music for information. ** More information & music is available on their website. Registration fee is "A donation to the Calgary Food Band - monetary/non-parishable food item(s).
Congratulations again for a wonderful Winter Concert last night. I am so proud to have such bright, creative, talented and amazing students. Your support as parents is appreciated and essential to our success. Warmest thanks for your attendance and support last night. A special thanks to our parent board and to the parents and students who stayed late last night to help clean up.
As with all great things, when one chapters ends, another begins. :)
As we approach our Christmas holidays, we have a few things on the go.
1. We have a wonderful opportunity to perform for senior's next Friday, December 13 with the Jazz 1 and Choir group. Please ensure you have received permission forms and get them in ASAP (no fee, permission form is attached). :) Also, please see information below regarding the need for volunteer drivers for our event.
2. We have the opportunity to perform at the Winter Fest here in Cochrane. Our Jazz 1 & Choir will perform on Sat & Sunday, January 25 & 26 (during exam break) - I will need some volunteers to help chaperone (especially on Sunday)
3. All morning rehearsals are normal next week (Dec. 9-13)
4. MONDAY, December 16 is CONCERT BAND @ 7:15 am (last one of 2013)
5. Tuesday, December 17 is our last Jazz 1 rehearsal @ 7:15 am
6. Please remind your child to take their instruments home over the holidays and practice please. :) They can get a good start with our new Smart Music Program
7. Please ensure your child has downloaded and purchased a 12 month Student subscription of Smart Music from www.makemusic.com The Student Subscription is $40 and is needed for practice, playing tests and fundamental exercises. We will be using this program a lot going forward in our program. Any issues or concerns, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are able to provide assistance to students who cannot afford this program on their laptops/computers and can also provide assistance to those troubleshooting issues. If your child needs, we also have a copy for use in my music office.
** Ensure that you make your postal code T4C 1Y6 - this is the only way to find Cochrane High as your school. From there you can register for classes and begin!
8. Tuesday, Jan. 7 is the start of early morning rehearsals again :) (Jan 7 being being Jazz 1 specifically)
9. Alberta International Band Festival runs from Feb. 17 - 22 for Jazz & Feb. 17 - 25 for all other Bands. Please note that Fri. Feb. 21 & Sat. Feb. 22 Jazz 1 & 2 will have workshops and performances (I know this is during the break, but is the only time festival runs).
All other bands will perform and rehearse on Feb. 24 & 25. :)
Friday, December 13 @ 2:00 pm
Jazz 1 (Sr. Jazz) & Choir to perform for Senior residence at:
Bill Hill Lodge senior residence building (Cochrane)
** We need Chaperones to transport about
30 students to and from the residence.
** You must fill out a driver's abstract to drive students.
** Students can transport themselves if they wish, but CANNOT take any other students with them!
** Please contact Miss LaBine @ email@example.com for more information or to volunteer! Thank you for your Help! :)
** All students are required to fill out a permission form for the event.