Photos, Uniforms & Music :)
Please make sure you have handed in your Music, Folder and Uniform(s) to the school by this Friday, June 20 at the latest. Thank you for your help with this!
** I am looking for photos of music events and students throughout this past year, last year and for any photos the current Grade 12s would be in from their last four years in the program.
Please email any photos you have of the students to Miss LaBine @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you!! & Have a wonderful summer. :)
End of year notes :)
First off, thank you all so much for supporting us through such an amazing year with many wonderful memories and accomplishments!!
Some very important end of year notes for everyone:
1. If you would like to a ticket to the Music/PA Banquet this Friday, and did not already purchase or put one aside, please do so by the end of today/ early tomorrow. Our numbers are due into the caterers and they need to know ASAP (actually this past Friday). Banquet tickets are $40 - they include Dinner and a Dance, with speeches, awards, Jazz 1 performance and fun to be had by all.
** All Jazz 1 performers (including myself) are required to buy a banquet ticket if they are planning to attend the banquet. Please contact me today!
2. Students who participated in The Drowsy Chaperone and/or The Spelling Bee: If you would like to purchase a poster plaque for yourself as a memento, please let Miss LaBine know by Wednesday, and $ is due by Friday. Plaques are $16 each. No late orders can be taken. Sorry.
3. Uniforms are due back now. Please have your child hang them up in their uniform bag - neatly please, and hang them up in the front uniform cabinets - by this Friday at the latest. Lost and/or damaged uniform pieces result in payment for the piece and/or forfeit of your uniform deposit.
4. All Rocky View District (CHS) instruments are due back this week as well (unless performing in Jazz 1 on Friday) - Jazz 1 instruments due back by Monday at the latest!!
5. If you have not signed up for Jazz or Choir next year and wish to be in these ensembles, please come and see Miss LaBine before Friday as well! We would love to see more gentlemen in choir (almost our entire group of boys has graduated).
Warmest thanks for your ongoing support and encouragement this year.
Can't wait to share another fabulous year together next year.
We will miss our 12's dearly… Good luck in all of your future endeavours. I am very proud of you.
With appreciation and well wishes for a wonderful summer,
Miss LaBine :)
Please come support all of our Fine Arts Program at the CHS First Annual CarTS (CTS/Fine arts evening). This Thursday, May 8 @ 6:30 - 8:30 pm. It is Free!! It is a fundraiser though… so bring cash to buy things or donate money to our CHS programs!! :)
Jazz 1 and 12 Dragon's Den performers to stay after school to help set up (3:45 - 5pm). You will have a dinner break and then call time back at school is 6:00 pm.
See you all there! :)
* Regular rehearsals before and after school still occur until our Spring Concert. Jazz 1 will continue rehearsals until June 6 Banquet
Important Calendar Notes/Dates that are different from regular rehearsals:
* Thursday, May 8 - 1st Annual CTS/Fine Arts (CarTS) evening
* 6:30 - 8:30 pm (Snake Pit & Lyceum). Gallery Walk, demonstrations, Jazz 1 and buskers in the Snake pit from 6:30 - 7:30 pm. Dragon's Den Talent Show from 7:30 - 8:30 pm in the Lyceum. ** Bring cash to help out by donating money or buying items from the various programs within our department. Thank you in advance for your support coming out to this and sponsoring our students. :)
Tuesday, May 13 & Wednesday, May 14 there is NO Early morning Band.
We will have Concert Band on Thursday, May 15 at 7:15 am in the morning. Please make this date change and note the change to your children. I will remind them tomorrow as well.
** Thursday, May 15 Jazz 2 rehearsal will be moved to Wednesday, May 14 after school with a guest conductor. :) Rehearsal will go from 3:45 - 5:15 pm.
** There is no Sr. Jazz next week (May 12 - 16).
* Tuesday, May 20 - Mandatory Symphonic Band @ 3:30 - 5:00pm - This is our last rehearsal before our Spring Concert to pull everything together. Please have your child arrive on time… we have too many senior students who arrive late to rehearsals by more than 15 - 20 minutes. Thank you for your help with this! :)
* Wednesday, May 21 - Choir @ 3:30 - 5:00 pm.
& Wednesday, May 21 - Any students available to help install the Concert Band set-up in the Lyceum please help from 3:30 - 5:00pm. Thank you!
* Thursday, May 22 - Dress rehearsals for all students. Schedule:
Period 1 - Symphonic Band Dress Rehearsal (Gr 10 - 12s) during 11/12 class
Period 3 - Choir and Jazz 2 Dress Rehearsals during flex
Period 4 - Jazz 1 & Concert Band rehearsals during flex (CB May go into Per 5)
Period 5 - Grade 9 Dress Rehearsal during Gr 9 class.
* May 23 - 30: All students except Jazz 1 hand in Instruments, Method Book and music DURING class time or Flex periods.
* Wednesday, May 28 and Tuesday, June 3 - Jazz 1 Rehearsals
* Friday, June 6 - Music/PA Banquet - Detailed Information to go out soon.
** Monday, June 9 ALL Jazz instruments MUST be returned (if school rental) for pickup for summer cleaning and maintenance. If you have not paid your rental fee to the school, please do. This fee covers general maintenance and cleaning. If your child uses an instrument from the school, they are required to pay this fee.
Thank you again for all of your ongoing support and encouragement. Our program is successful because of the wonderful students and families we have here! I can't believe the year went so fast! Great, but fast! :)
Choir Students will be performing in the Cantando Music Festival in Edmonton, Alberta
Monday, April 7 (leaving at 3:30 pm) to Tuesday, April 8 (arriving home after midnight ~12:30am)
** Permission Forms are attached and due ASAP (latest by Monday, March 31, 2014).
We require two chaperones (one female and one male to accompany us on the trip).
Students in the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee will be performing in the One Act Festival on Thursday, April 3, 2014. This performance will take place all evening.
Students are to meet at Spring Bank High School by 4:00pm for a Tech Rehearsal.
Following the tech rehearsal, students will perform their show, watch other schools performances and receive an adjudication workshop.
Students will not be home until very late (11:00 - 11:30 pm) - estimated time!
** Rehearsal for this Festival will occur for all PA students in Spelling Bee:
Wednesday, April 2 from 3:30 - 6:00 pm
Thank you for your support and encouragement through this amazing process.
Miss April LaBine &
A reminder that the senior and junior jazz bands will be performing at AIBF this Saturday, February 22nd.
A friendly reminder that there IS rehearsal tomorrow for junior jazz 2-3:15pm and senior jazz from 3:30- 4:45pm at CHS. If you cannot make it and need your instrument, please let me know so I can bring it to festival for you. I will Not be going to Cochrane on Saturday to get any instruments as I have festival with another group that morning.
* Students are responsible for their own rides to and from festival.
Junior jazz to arrive no later than11:15 am to Mount Royal University, IN UNIFORM please! Junior jazz will be finished just after 1pm. We perform at 12:00pm. Family and friends are encouraged to watch - it's free!
Senior jazz to arrive no later than 1:15 pm to Mount Royal University IN UNIFORM please! Senior jazz will be finished at 3:00-3:15. We perform at 2:00pm. Family and friends are encouraged to watch - it's free!
Students are to be picked up and dropped off at the west gate entrance at Mount Royal university. The AIBF registration table and volunteers are just past security. They will direct you to the storage room - where you can leave your bags and cases. Students will then come with me to our warmup space.
** please do not be late as our warmup time is only 30 minutes and is our time to warmup, tune, and run our pieces.
** even though we are missing some students, we are still going to festival to take part of this great experience and opportunity. :)
Concert band Will have rehearsal Monday at 7:15 am and will go to festival at 9am on a National Coach bus. Returning to school at 12:30pm.
* we perform at 10:30 am at the university of calgary rozsa center. Parents are welcome & free!
Symphonic Band (gr. 10-12) will have rehearsal Monday from 3:30-5pm and will perform on Tuesday.
Grade 9 and symphonic band to load national coach bus at 7am sharp at CHS. * The bus cannot wait for any students who are late. Both groups will perform and watch each other and will return at 1:15pm.
* grade 9 Performs at 8:30am and symphonic band performs at 11:00 am at the university of calgary rozsa center. Parents are welcome and free!
* students who are choosing not to come to this festival/field trip should not come to the rehearsals tomorrow or Monday, so we can rehearse the specific group performing! Thank you. We will miss you :)
There will be NO concert band on Wednesday morning.
If you forgot to hand in your permission forms or money, please do so Monday morning first thing!
For parking or directions go to:
www.aibfestival.ab.ca - click on calgary link.
This is a quick reminder that we have some important extra rehearsals and clinics coming up these next two weeks to prepare for our Feb. 12 Concert and Festival. I ask that you help your child remember these important dates, as they are fundamental to our musical success and part of their course requirements.
**Tomorrow: Friday, January 31 @ 7:15 am: Mandatory Concert Band rehearsal
Monday, February 3 @ 7:00 am - Grade 9 Mandatory Clinics - Please arrive at 7:00 am :)
Tuesday, February 4 @ 3:30 - 5:15 pm - Mandatory Grade 10,11,12 Symphonic Band Clinics.
- Please ensure you can stay until the end of the clinic at 5pm and then help pack up. Students can go home at 5:15 pm. Thank you for your help!
** All other clinics occur during regular rehearsal times.
However, I ask students to Arrive @ 7:00 am to ensure we are getting the full value of our clinics that begin at 7:15 am.
Sr. Jazz on Tuesday, February 4, Concert Band on Wednesday, February 5, Choir on Thursday, February 6 and Jr. Jazz on Friday, February 7 All @ 7:00 am!
**Extra/final Choir (concert) rehearsal on Friday, February 7 @ 7:15 am - During Jr. Jazz clinics!
Symphonic Band final concert Rehearsal (Gr. 10, 11, 12) on Monday, February 10 @ 7:15 am
Choir Rehearsal Monday, February 10 @ 3:30 - 5:00pm. Conflicts with Spelling Bee scheduled rehearsal. Mr. Janko and I have made a schedule to fit you
Junior Jazz final concert Rehearsal on Tuesday, February 11 @ 3:30 - 5:00pm
** There is Still Concert Band the morning of Wednesday, February 12 @ 7:15 am - for a dress rehearsal for our concert.
*All other regular rehearsals still occur throughout this month! :)
Wednesday, February 12 @ 7:00 pm -
Music Concert in the Lyceum
Students are encouraged to go the CHS vs. BVHS Hockey game, BUT must arrive in Full Uniform for 6:00 pm at the school to warmup and tune! :)
* Dress rehearsals will occur through the day on Wednesday, February 12. A schedule for dress rehearsals will be given to teachers and students.
Thank you again for your continued support and help at this busy time :)
** We Still need 6 student volunteers for Winter Fest to sell tickets. Saturday 2 - 4pm, Sunday 12 - 2 and 2 - 4pm. And some students to help cleanup on Sunday at 4:30 pm!!
** We still need a parent volunteer to run one of the gate entrances.
Thank you in advance for your generosity! :)
Notes about the Festival:
Our Senior Jazz Band will be performing at Winter Fest next weekend to help raise money and promote our program to the community. The wonderful CHSBPA will be selling 50/50 tickets for our group during the Festival. If you have time to go check it out and support our parents and students, we would really appreciate it.
Admission is Free for Kids 4 and under and $5 for Ages 5 and up :)
Location: Cochrane Lions Rodeo Park
Date: Saturday, January 24 and 25, 2014
Time: 12 pm - 4:30pm
For more information check out:
Notes to the Performers (Senior Jazz 1):
Arrive at: 1:30 pm
Where: Cochrane Lions Rodeo Park (best to drive through the Glenbow Gates and find any parking you can) - once parked, walk to the Winter Fest Area and let them know you are with CHSBPA
Performance Time: 2:00 - 2:30 pm
What to Bring: Please ensure you have: Your Instrument (including amplifier, cords, reeds, neck straps, sticks, etc). Please have your music and bring some CLOTHES pins to attach your music to your stands incase the wind gets into the enclosure. :)
** Miss LaBine will ensure there are music stands present.
** We will be performing in a 3 sided enclosure, sheltered from the wind with heaters if cold.
** Please dress warm - we will NOT be in CHS Uniforms due to the possible cold weather. Please dress nicely, but emphasize on the warm Clothing!
* Remember that we are playing to add some musical colour to the festival, promote and raise money for our program. People may stick around and listen, or just enjoy our music as they wander by. This will be fun :)