Please remember that we have a Mandatory Tour Rehearsal and Recording for our Japan trip.
When: Tomorrow, Thursday, January 16, 2014
Time: 7:00 AM - Please note, we need students here as close to 7:00 am as possible, to dress them in their tour uniforms, warm-up, rehearse and record for an application to Tokyo Disney.
** Important: Please remember to arrive in your Black Dress Bottoms, Black Dress Shoes and Black Dress Socks tomorrow!! We will give you a tour shirt and tie to wear. You may want to wear a white undershirt (t-shirt or tank top) under the tour shirt, as it is quite light and does show through!
** If one student is not in uniform, Disney will not accept our application. Please make sure you do not forget to bring Black Dress Bottoms ;)
See you all in the morning! :)
** Choir is rehearsing After school tomorrow from 3:45 - 5:15 pm :)
** VOLUNTEERS are needed for all of the dates below!!
Please contact Miss LaBine if you are available to chaperone. Thank you! :)
* Winter Fest Senior Jazz 1 Performance: Sat. & Sun. Jan. 25 & 26 1:30 - 3:00 pm
(see previous email regarding Winter Fest for more details)
** CHS Music Festival Concert - Wednesday, February 12, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - Lyceum!! :)
** Performance in Lyceum space & parents on stage/risers - trying something new
(Students will stay after school to set-up, have a dress rehearsal, warmup and eat pizza)
** Saturday, February 22 - Jazz 1 & 2 will perform at AIBFestival in Calgary (Times TBA)
** Monday & Tuesday, February 24 & 25 - Symphonic Band, Gr. 9 Band & Concert Band will perform at AIBFestival in Calgary - Times and Dress rehearsals TBA
** Some students (TBD soon) to participate & perform in RVS Honour Band:
Thursday, February 27 from 6-9pm and Friday, February 28 from 9 - 2pm in Chestermere.
Important Rehearsals & Extra Dates:
* Regular Early morning Jazz and Concert Band rehearsals this week at 7:15 am
TOUR BAND Students: Mandatory Rehearsal/Recording: Thursday, January, 16 @ 7:15 am
*Please arrive early! You need uniform Black Bottoms! We will give you tour shirts and ties
* Choir this week (Thursday, January 16 will be after school 3:45 - 5:15 pm)
with a Performing Arts Cast meeting from 3:30 - 3:45 pm
In preparation for our February Concert & February Festival performances,
the following Extra Rehearsals are Required during the exam break, and early Semester 2:
Junior Jazz 2: Thursday, January 23 from 1 - 2:30 pm
Senior Jazz 1: Friday, January 24: 1 - 3 pm, also in preparation for Winter Fest
Concert Band: Tuesday, January 28: 1 - 3pm
ALL Gr. 10 - 12s (Symphonic Band): Wednesday, January 29: 1 - 3pm
** Regular early morning rehearsals resume Jan. 30 - Semester 2
Mandatory Band/Jazz/Choir Clinics during February 3 - 7:
Gr. 9 Clinics - Monday, February 3 @ 7:15 am
Senior Jazz 1 Clinics - Tuesday, February 4 @ 7:15 am
Symphonic Band (ALL Gr. 10 - 12s) Clinics - Tuesday, February 4 @ 3:45 - 5:15 pm
Concert Band Clinics - Wednesday, February 5 @ 7:15 am
Choir Clinics/Workshop - Thursday, February 6 @ 7:15 am
Junior Jazz 2 Clinics - Friday, February 7 @ 7:15 am
** Performing Arts Begins on Thursday, January 30 from 3:30 - 6pm. - See PA calendar
Cast Rehearsals: Monday & Thursday (3:30 - 6pm), Friday (2-5pm) & Saturdays (11 - 5 pm)
Pit Rehearsals: Mondays at 7:15 am (except Feb. 10 & March 10) & Wednesday 3:30-5:30 pm)
** ALL Pit, Crew and Cast are required for most Saturdays, and for extended rehearsals
(until 9pm from March 10 - 18) - Note: March 14 - 17 is a Long Weekend
** 25th Annual Putnum County Spelling Bee - Musical Peformance: March 19 - 22, 2014
We are still looking for volunteer chaperones/drivers to Bill Hill Lodge on Friday, December 13. Leaving the school at 1:45 pm - Finished around 3pm. :)
* Please see the office for Driver's Abstract forms
Please see a wonderful opportunity for our Tuba students to participate in a wonderful music tradition in the city of Calgary. It is open to all Tuba/Euphonium students/musicians. Please see attached poster & music for information. ** More information & music is available on their website. Registration fee is "A donation to the Calgary Food Band - monetary/non-parishable food item(s).
Congratulations again for a wonderful Winter Concert last night. I am so proud to have such bright, creative, talented and amazing students. Your support as parents is appreciated and essential to our success. Warmest thanks for your attendance and support last night. A special thanks to our parent board and to the parents and students who stayed late last night to help clean up.
As with all great things, when one chapters ends, another begins. :)
As we approach our Christmas holidays, we have a few things on the go.
1. We have a wonderful opportunity to perform for senior's next Friday, December 13 with the Jazz 1 and Choir group. Please ensure you have received permission forms and get them in ASAP (no fee, permission form is attached). :) Also, please see information below regarding the need for volunteer drivers for our event.
2. We have the opportunity to perform at the Winter Fest here in Cochrane. Our Jazz 1 & Choir will perform on Sat & Sunday, January 25 & 26 (during exam break) - I will need some volunteers to help chaperone (especially on Sunday)
3. All morning rehearsals are normal next week (Dec. 9-13)
4. MONDAY, December 16 is CONCERT BAND @ 7:15 am (last one of 2013)
5. Tuesday, December 17 is our last Jazz 1 rehearsal @ 7:15 am
6. Please remind your child to take their instruments home over the holidays and practice please. :) They can get a good start with our new Smart Music Program
7. Please ensure your child has downloaded and purchased a 12 month Student subscription of Smart Music from www.makemusic.com The Student Subscription is $40 and is needed for practice, playing tests and fundamental exercises. We will be using this program a lot going forward in our program. Any issues or concerns, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are able to provide assistance to students who cannot afford this program on their laptops/computers and can also provide assistance to those troubleshooting issues. If your child needs, we also have a copy for use in my music office.
** Ensure that you make your postal code T4C 1Y6 - this is the only way to find Cochrane High as your school. From there you can register for classes and begin!
8. Tuesday, Jan. 7 is the start of early morning rehearsals again :) (Jan 7 being being Jazz 1 specifically)
9. Alberta International Band Festival runs from Feb. 17 - 22 for Jazz & Feb. 17 - 25 for all other Bands. Please note that Fri. Feb. 21 & Sat. Feb. 22 Jazz 1 & 2 will have workshops and performances (I know this is during the break, but is the only time festival runs).
All other bands will perform and rehearse on Feb. 24 & 25. :)
Friday, December 13 @ 2:00 pm
Jazz 1 (Sr. Jazz) & Choir to perform for Senior residence at:
Bill Hill Lodge senior residence building (Cochrane)
** We need Chaperones to transport about
30 students to and from the residence.
** You must fill out a driver's abstract to drive students.
** Students can transport themselves if they wish, but CANNOT take any other students with them!
** Please contact Miss LaBine @ email@example.com for more information or to volunteer! Thank you for your Help! :)
** All students are required to fill out a permission form for the event.
Cochrane High School Performing Arts
The Drowsy Chaperone
Wednesday, November 27
through Saturday, November 30, 2013
Cochrane High School Lyceum
Doors open at 6:30pm, Show at 7:00pm
Tickets now available at the CHS Front Office
$15 General / Rush Seating
** And don't forget about our
Music Program's Winter Concert
on Thursday, December 5 @ 7pm :)
We are still in need of two male chaperones for our Band Camp October 28 - 30 and two male chaperones and one female chaperone for our Sr. Band & Sr. Jazz Band trip to Canmore, Alberta.
** Please email Miss LaBine at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if you can help out.
Thank you! :)
We need 4 parent chaperones to join us on our exciting trip out to Canmore, AB on Friday, November 1 to Sunday, November 3, 2013