- All students must arrive no later than 2:30 pm to the school.
- Percussionists need to be at school no later than 2:15pm for packing
- Chaperones will have a meeting at the school at 2:00pm
- We Will be opening the school so that students can pack up instruments, equipment and get anything they need from their lockers. The school will not be open any earlier than 2:00pm. We Do not have keys to any classrooms other than the band room.
* Upon arrival, students will need to:
1. Place their luggage and large instruments in the bench area outside the outer band room doors. There will be a chaperone there guiding you.
2. Check in with the attendance chaperone by the green couch outside the band room door
3. Go inside to the band room, and Follow instructions from their music teachers and chaperones to help load equipment onto the bus.
4. All students will help (assembly line fashion) to load one bin full of equipment, and two bins full of luggage and instruments.**
5. Once everything is loaded, student may then (when told to) load the bus with their personal backpack and smaller instrument. Anything trumpet size or smaller goes in the overhead bins on the bus (not underneath).
- Students will arrive back to the school at approximately 8:30pm. This is dependent on bus packing time and road conditions.
* Please ensure you are available to pick up your child on time, so that we can also go home at a decent hour. We appreciate your help with this. If we are running a lot later than 8:30pm, we will send a notification out through email asap and put it on the music website: www.cochranehighmusic.com under "News"
** ALL students are asked to stay to help unload the bus, move equipment back into the school, and reset up the band room prior to leaving. We appreciate your help with this, so that there is not a small group of student stuck doing it by themselves. We also need to ensure the room is back to normal and clean for our rehearsals/classes which begin at 7:15 am the next morning! Thank you for your time & help with this! :)
Packing List MUSTS:
* Ensure your child has their instrument, music, portable music stand (will be provided to them), pencil, eraser, extra reeds, cleaning and repair kit/supplies specific to their instrument. We cannot provide reeds at camp, so please ensure your child has more than one!
* Please only pack one Small Suitcase/Duffle bag and a Sleeping Bag/Pillow in a labeled garbage bag. OR one Large suitcase/duffle bag with the sleeping bag and pillow inside. We need to fit a Lot on One bus and cannot have too much luggage.
* Homework, study material or a book to read during quiet mandatory study sessions.
* Warm clothing/weather appropriate clothing. (It will snow while we are there and students need to stay warm and dry). Good waterproof outdoor shoes are highly recommended.
* Sleeping Bag and pillow (inside a labeled garbage bag, or inside their suitcase/duffle bag). Sheet is optional if you wish and can fit it.
* Indoor shoes/slippers/socks. No bare feet or outside shoes are allowed in any indoor space.
* Flashlight/Head lamp
* Bath towel/shampoo/conditioner/soap/deoderant (NO Collogne or perfume is allowed on the trip please and thank you!)
* Medication (labeled with students name)
* Water bottle for rehearsals and activities (students only have water / juice at meal times and need to fill up their own water bottle during those times for the rest of the days' activities).
* Extra Snacks and/or money to buy snacks and swag from the Moose Junction General Store.
NO NUTS/PEANUTS of any kind are allowed on camp grounds. We get charged a lot of money for sanitation if anyone brings them.
** Electronics are brought at student's own risk. We highly encourage students to keep their electronics at home! We are not responsible or liable for lost, stolen, broken, or damaged items. There is also very poor cell service out there, and no internet. We would love to see the kids off of their electronics and enjoying the wonder of camp! :)
Thank you so much for your time and help ensuring this trip is safe and enjoyable for all! We can't wait for this wonderful trip full of great memories, learning, and music making!
Mrs. April Waterbury, and Mr. Jander Talen