* Regular rehearsals before and after school still occur until our Spring Concert. Jazz 1 will continue rehearsals until June 6 Banquet
Important Calendar Notes/Dates that are different from regular rehearsals:
* Thursday, May 8 - 1st Annual CTS/Fine Arts (CarTS) evening
* 6:30 - 8:30 pm (Snake Pit & Lyceum). Gallery Walk, demonstrations, Jazz 1 and buskers in the Snake pit from 6:30 - 7:30 pm. Dragon's Den Talent Show from 7:30 - 8:30 pm in the Lyceum. ** Bring cash to help out by donating money or buying items from the various programs within our department. Thank you in advance for your support coming out to this and sponsoring our students. :)
Tuesday, May 13 & Wednesday, May 14 there is NO Early morning Band.
We will have Concert Band on Thursday, May 15 at 7:15 am in the morning. Please make this date change and note the change to your children. I will remind them tomorrow as well.
** Thursday, May 15 Jazz 2 rehearsal will be moved to Wednesday, May 14 after school with a guest conductor. :) Rehearsal will go from 3:45 - 5:15 pm.
** There is no Sr. Jazz next week (May 12 - 16).
* Tuesday, May 20 - Mandatory Symphonic Band @ 3:30 - 5:00pm - This is our last rehearsal before our Spring Concert to pull everything together. Please have your child arrive on time… we have too many senior students who arrive late to rehearsals by more than 15 - 20 minutes. Thank you for your help with this! :)
* Wednesday, May 21 - Choir @ 3:30 - 5:00 pm.
& Wednesday, May 21 - Any students available to help install the Concert Band set-up in the Lyceum please help from 3:30 - 5:00pm. Thank you!
* Thursday, May 22 - Dress rehearsals for all students. Schedule:
Period 1 - Symphonic Band Dress Rehearsal (Gr 10 - 12s) during 11/12 class
Period 3 - Choir and Jazz 2 Dress Rehearsals during flex
Period 4 - Jazz 1 & Concert Band rehearsals during flex (CB May go into Per 5)
Period 5 - Grade 9 Dress Rehearsal during Gr 9 class.
* May 23 - 30: All students except Jazz 1 hand in Instruments, Method Book and music DURING class time or Flex periods.
* Wednesday, May 28 and Tuesday, June 3 - Jazz 1 Rehearsals
* Friday, June 6 - Music/PA Banquet - Detailed Information to go out soon.
** Monday, June 9 ALL Jazz instruments MUST be returned (if school rental) for pickup for summer cleaning and maintenance. If you have not paid your rental fee to the school, please do. This fee covers general maintenance and cleaning. If your child uses an instrument from the school, they are required to pay this fee.
Thank you again for all of your ongoing support and encouragement. Our program is successful because of the wonderful students and families we have here! I can't believe the year went so fast! Great, but fast! :)
Leave a Reply.